Our whole team remains committed to the entrepreneurs of our portfolio during the on-going world sanitary and economic crisis.

We’ll be paying a close care to the health and safety of their employees. In order to enable them to pursue their mission, all cash repayments due to RDE will be frozen until further notice. We’re paying close attention to their needs and we’ll be mobilizing all available internal and external resources we can, to overcome together this unprecedented crisis.

Because more than one billion people

in the world do not have access to electricity, in 2011, ENGIE created 

ENGIE Rassembleurs d'Energies,

the Group's Impact Investment Fund

that invests in social entrepreneurs that offer innovative and sustainable energy solutions to unserved populations on

4 continents, in more than 15 countries.

In 2019, ENGIE Rassembleurs d'Energies got the certification B Corp™ by B Lab.

 

This certification values the real impact and positive contributions, both social and environmental, of its activities and investments.

The ENGIE Rassembleurs d'Energies fund companies have already contributed to

the access to sustainable energy of

more than 4 millions of beneficiaries worldwide.

Investment in equity or quasi equity

ENGIE Rassembleurs d'Energies has developed a multi criteria tool to assess investments opportunities :

 

- Social performance

- Environmental performance

- Relevance of the solution

- Financial Value

ESSENTIAL LEVERS

IN ECONOMIC AND SOCIAL  DEVELOPMENT 

THREE ESSENTIAL LEVERS OF ECONOMIC AND SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT IN THE WORLD

OFFGRID CLEAN COLLECTIVE ENERGY

 

 

Only 77% of rural population in developing countries have access electricity access, leaving 23% of rural communities far from common electric grids and constrained to offgrid expensive and not reliable energy solutions.

 

Collective solutions exploiting solar and other renewables local energies allow to provide a clean, collective, and offgrid renewable energy to those remote population.

HOUSEHOLD CLEAN ENERGY SOLUTIONS
 

Despite the undeniable recent progress of electrification, 860 millions people worldwide remain without energy access, 600 millions of them living in subsaharian Africa.

 

Leveradging solar energy at an individual household scale, through solar home systems, contribute to provide these persons with basic capabilities to satisfy their daily needs. Furthermore, “pay as you go” paying system allows low revenue households to afford these services

CIRCULAR ECONOMY

The raising awareness of the limited resources of the planet and of the profusion of massive waste raised new challenges to follow the requirements of a sustainable and shared growth.

 

It is required to re-think the ways of conceiving, producing, and managing waste, some challenges that lots of innovative entrepreneurs are addressing right now.

 

CLEAN COOKING

 

Today, still 2,6 billion people worldwide don’t have access to clean and secured cooking facilities, causing every year more than 2,5 million premature death, mainly in subsaharian Africa and Asia.

 

The diffusion of improved cooking stoves reduces the fuel consumption of each household and effectively reduces pollution air in homes. Couples with biowaste treatment facilities, they can allow farmers to produce their own biogas to cook and heat their homes.

ENERGY EFFICIENCY AND SOBREIETY
 

1 in 10 Europeans struggles to get proper heating in the winter. Over a period of 10 years, all charges for social housing exceed the cost of construction.

 

Through energetic renovation and intelligent energetic solutions, and the contribution of social landlords, it is possible to optimize those expenses to improve the comfort and condition of households with limited revenues.

© 2019 by ENGIE Rassembleurs d'Energies

1, Place Samuel de Champlain

92930 Paris La Défense Cedex